Happy post-Thanksgiving! I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful holiday weekend. A fairly productive week all told, must be all that good food.
I was so convinced that I would get a chance to write more today and improve on my 1000 words. I had another 15 hour book assignment. But at least I got to write during a holiday week!
I wrote my synopsis for HOLDING SMOKE and mailed my application for the Nevada Mentorship Program. And I blogged at I&A.
Slow work week for writing. I did revise my prologue and I have broken 40,000 words. Yay! A bit of a milestone
Wrote 3,554 words focusing on later chapters in the story. I just went to the moment I was seeing and started writing from there.
Well, the rally update from this quarter is back to sad after last week’s temporary surge. I think I’ve done about half a chapter this week.
After falling short last week, I feared the holiday crush would destroy this weeks goal, but surprise, I managed to write!
1. Revised one (hopefully, very) compelling, heart-touching scene.
2. Cut a bunch of blah, blah, blah, morphing two lagging chapters into one filled with self-introspection and compelling motivation.
3. Revised one gripping chapter making it grippier (is that a word?)!
4. Allowed a character close to my heart to commit treachery.
5. Moved protagonist into position to accomplish the impossible.
Now, I just have to accomplish the impossible. Move past my gut-wrenching fear of actually finishing this novel!
Rewrote the opening of Vi and applied to the mentor program, complete with all the extras.
“Got it to piss off my dad,” he says.
“Did it work?” I ask.
He grins. A full grin. With teeth. White teeth. A little crooked. “Beautifully.”